Generous members and friends have donated hardware items to the Society since our earliest days. Our Hardware Committee has charge of the storage, preservation, and identification of hardware items. We consider any physical object that is not on paper to be “hardware.”
Our resources do not permit us to make our collection available to the public but a selection of hardware items is on display in the “combine” on Dutton Street, Lowell, Mass. You may view an on-line gallery of hardware items below. An inventory of our collection is also available.
We welcome volunteers to help manage our hardware collection. If you have hardware items to donate please contact our Hardware Committee Chairman.
View hardware items
View some of the items from our collection. All items shown are the property of the Boston & Maine Railroad Historical Society.
- Dining Ware & Equipment
- Miscellaneous Items
- B&MRRHS Hardware Collection Overview 2013 - 2015
- Models B&MRR Steam Locomotives In HO (1-87) Scale
- Models B&MRR Diesel Locomotives in HO (1-87) Scale
- Models B&MRR HO-scale Freight Cars
- Railroad Badges Hats & Uniforms
- Railroad Badges Hats Buttons & Related Equipment Part 2
- Railroad Station Signs & Related Equipment
- Railroad Hand Tools & Related Equipment
- Railroad Lanterns
- Railroad Signs
- B&MRRHS Rail Car Exhibit H0-Scale Layout 2017
- B&MRRHS Rail Car Exhibit Open 2017
- B&MRRHS Engine Crew And Maintenance Equipment
- B&MRR Signals & Equipment
- B&MRR Tickets & Station Equipment
- B&MRR Tickets & Station Equipment Part 3
- B&MRR Tickets & Station Equipment Part 2
- B&MRR Engine Builders & Number Plates
- Diesel Locomotive Builder & Number Plates
- B&MRR Rails Ties & Spikes
- Photographs, Posters & Notices
- Henry W. Marrec B&MRR framed photograph Collection Part 1.
- Henry W. Marrec B&MRR framed photograph Collection Part 2.
- Switching & Other Equipment
Hardware Committee Reports
- Report for Year Ended December 31, 2016
- Report for Year Ended December 31, 2015
- Report for the Year Ended December 31, 2014
- Report October 22, 2016
Donald S. Robinson Collection of HO Models